Lucas turned one. He's 13 months now. The party went great, we had it in the backyard. The weather was nice. The pool wasn't open then but we had a little balloon fight with my neices after eveyone else had left. Lucas did really well. I think he was teething and cranky but he was good during the party. He got lots of stuff. He had Ava and his cousins helping him open his presents. I don't think he knew what to do. He loved havinghis own cake. He whined while we were trying to get people back so we could do the cake and while we sang to him. lol He dug right in and ate the whole thing.

We had my birthday since then. It started at 430am when I had to get up to go to the nursing home. That was my last day there, good and bad. I still don't want to work in one but it was a good expeirence overall. We had cake and then Jay and I went out to dinner. It was nice to get out for once. I even had a drink with dinner. We really skipped out on doing anything else since I had gotten up so early. We were home by like 8pm. lol The next day we went out to lunch as a family. The kids did okay but they still need to work on being in public. Ava never sits still during meals.
I finished up school on the 2nd. It was nice to have time off from school but now I don't know what to do with my time. I found out that I can work as a CNA after completing this class but I don't want to work in a nursing home and I don't think a lot of hospitals are hiring at that level. My final grade for Fundamentals was 3.5 (90-95%) and my Pharmacology grade was 3.0 (85-89%). I was really hoping for higher grades, especially the Pharmacology grade. I make a lot of stupid little mistakes.
____________________________________________________________________
Lucas is starting to walk. It is so cute to see him toddle around. He is getting better everyday. Everyday he walks a little more. He looks like a little drunk man. He's got 4 teeth now. The exact opposite of the way Ava got hers. He's got his bottom two incisors and then his top two lateral incisors. Ava got her top two lateral incisors first then the bottom teeth. He is so much more challenging than Ava was. She was pretty laid back. He climbs everything. He scares me so much sometimes. He's got bruises on his head/face from running into things.
Ava is doing okay with the potty training. Not much progress at all. She has to have a diaper on to poop and she wears a diaper at night. During the day she'll usually go without anything. A couple of times last week she peed on the bathroom floor. It's like she holds till she can't anymore. It's interesting to see her discovering her world. I wish there was something around here I could get her involved in. She loves to play with other kids. I discovered yesterday that she can say marshmallows. She used to say sna snos.
I took the kids with me to the store and Ava kept waving at random people. She won't talk to them though. Lucas was smiling at some of the workers too. Silly.


Ava took this picture when we were waiting for fireworks.

3 comments:
wow, a lot has happened! Happy birthday to both you and Lucas!
I can't believe he is walking already! Such a big boy already.
Ava and Cameron seem to be at the same stage in the potty training department. I hope, for you and I both, that they can master this task soon!
Busy much?
I love the picture Ava took!
Wow, that school semester went quick! I hope you enjoyed it and feel recharged when the next semester rolls around. Happy birthday to you and Lucas :) I can't believe how fast time goes...I finally got through most of the family birthdays and now I have to start thinking about Calleigh's first birthday (December, but knowing me it'll take that long...it's a GIRLY party!!) Take care, post when you find the time. I like to read your posts. Bye now!
~Amy
Post a Comment