Yesterday I left an hour and 10 minutes before I was supposed to show up. I got there a half an hour early. I was in good company, there were a few other people that were already there. I realized on my way there that I had forgotten to grab a water. Not good.
First we met in the conference room and went over our the homework that was due. Then we toured the nursing home. It's pretty big, I don't know if I'll be able to find my way around. We went back to the conference room and the director of nursing talked to us then the speech therapist. Then we had to follow the assistant of maintenance to show us where fire extinguishers and water shutoffs were. It was so warm and dry in there I really needed something to drink. We got a break for lunch at about 1030-11am. It was so nice to have a bathroom break and some water!
After we had that small break we went to the physical therapy lab and learned some body mechanics. Then we went back to the conference room for the administrator to talk to us.
After that one short day there I now know that the nursing home is not going to be for me. There is only 5 more weeks left. I'll just try to enjoy it while it lasts.
I got home and decided to take the kids out by myself to pick up some birthday supplies for Lucas's party. I even took them to a restaurant by myself. They did pretty good. I ordered Lucas his own meal since I didn't bring baby food. Chicken strips and applesauce. He did really well. I didn't have to give him anything else at home. They both slept a little bit on the way home. Lucas didn't want to go to bed at 630 like he normally does. He went down at 730. But he didn't wake up at all last night and he slept in till 745am!
Today was a nice day off but I am so tired. I spent last night doing some homework. I may have to skip tonight, I hope I don't regret that. I have my haircut and a baby shower tomorrow. I'm doing both kidless! Woo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're going to do great! Its good to know that the nursing home is not your thing. I don't think it would be mine either.
Try to get some rest!
Cori and the crew :)
Post a Comment