In just a few short months will be my pinning ceremony. I'll take a test and become an LPN. It's so surreal. I'm getting so close to finishing this thing up. I started on this road just two years ago. It seemed such a long time to go before I would graduate, now I have less than a year and a half.
This semester coming up will be an exciting one for me. We are finally doing our maternity rotation. I'm so excited. I can't wait to find out what group I'm in and when I'll get to do my rotation.
I got assigned to LaGrange for my Med/Surg rotation. I was hoping for something a little closer to home since LaGrange is a 45 minute drive in good weather. This is winter and it's already turning out to be a rough one. The instructor for that hospital is the main instructor for the class. I was told that if you are assigned to be with her it's because she wants you to be. Some assignments from last semester weren't done right or something. I just hope she wants me there because she wants to get to know me better. It's probably because I wasn't detailed enough on my focus sheets. I hate those things!!
In other news the kids are doing great. Lucas is saying more words every day. It's exciting to see his understanding of the world broaden. We have all been sick a couple of times already this winter. Both times stemming from Thanksgiving/Christmas parties. Lucas and I went to one together on Saturday, I'm just waiting for what we brought home this time.
Ava is still not pooping in the toilet. She had a rough day yesterday. I think she holds her BM's till they get too big for her to handle and it hurts her. It's a vicious cycle. I try to tell her if she holds it it just makes it worse to go.
She is getting so smart. There really is not hiding anything from her anymore. She picks up on so much. She remembers things from months ago. She remembers them as yesterday however. She just told me today that she wanted Santa to bring her a Chihuahua. She has said that she wants a dog before but now she has a specific breed in mind.

1 comment:
Great to see a blog from you! How exciting that you're just chugging right along through school. The maternity rotation will be fun...I miss being around that department. Heck, I'd even take being a patient again! ;)
Post a Comment