Ava has been doing pretty good in her 'creative movement' class. She didn't really participate fully with the rest of the class. The teacher had to constantly remind her to come back with the group. I guess that's normal for a 3 year old. She loves the running part, LOVES it. Serena, the teacher, tried to get her to do a skip with a ribbon and go from one end of the room to the other. She runs, she doesn't skip. But when it isn't her turn she stands at that end and cheers the other kids on. She's so sweet.
Today she didn't want to go to class at all. Her last day. I finally told her that I was going and she decided to just go. At first she cried that she didn't want to go. Fine, I told her we were just going for a ride. I drove past the building and she threw a fit that we weren't going. So I turned around and parked and we went up to the class. She had to bring her blanket along. We were late and Serena and the other girls clapped that she was there. I left the room for a little bit and I could hear Serena having to tell Ava to come back to the circle. Since I didn't know what time it was I peeked my head in, she was in the circle with her blanket. lol I went in to sit down and watch and she was just done. We walked out a half hour before class was done. I don't know what was up with her today. They have a showcase on saturday, we'll see if Ava participates then.
She was so cranky all day anyway. She went to bed a little bit early....with underwear on. No diaper tonight. She has been waking up dry in the mornings but not always. She does good going potty when we are home. She won't go anywhere else. But we can go places without a diaper on. Lately she has to completely strip down to go potty. I don't know what that is about but it has caused some accidents when she has to hold it so that she can get her shirt off.
Lucas is getting better and better at walking. He still falls quite a bit. Last week he had a white spot on the front side of his tongue. I couldn't figure out what it was and where it came from. Then I remembered he fell and hit his chin on the coffee table. I bet he bit his tongue when he did that.
The other day he picked up a cup with a straw and was trying to drink out of it. There was nothing in it so I decided to put a little water in it to see what he would do. He tipped the cup instead of sucking out of it like he should. The water spilled in his face and down his front. I took the cup and turned to dump it in the sink and get a towel. He tries to take a step and slipped on all the water on the floor. Of course he cried. Silly kid. He's so sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mia gets in those weird moods too. I think it's the age.
Post a Comment