Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun days

The other night Ava woke up in the middle of the night, I don't know what for, and Jay got tired of staying up with her and brought her to our bed. She's been fighting ever since to sleep with us. Tonight was so much better though. She may be accepting that it isnt going to be allowed.

I picked up a free duck costume today just Lucas's size. Ava loves it even though it only comes up to her waist. I tried it on Lucas, he hates it. Maybe it'll grow on him.

I had a really good day at clinical today. It was really exciting/busy for me. I got to see an endoscopy and followed the pt throughout the day doing things for him. He was a very pleasant man. I tried to stay on the good side of the nurse. I think I did okay.

I gave an IM shot today to someone who wasn't a nursing student (not my patient). We had practiced them on friday. I was far less nervous doing those than the subq the week before. When I was preparing to give the shot my hands were shaking. He didn't see it and I did good. I remembered to aspirate. Next week we will be passing meds and doing assessments.

Friday we are leaving for Mackinaw. Lets hope the kids do well in the car for that long of a ride.

No comments: