Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ava's first dentists appointment

I took Ava to see the dentist for the very first time.
We had been telling her she was going to go see the dentist and read a book about Dora seeing the dentist. Yesterday morning, I had to fight her to get dressed and she kept saying she didn't want to go bye-bye. Ugh I think she was anxious already for the dentists appointment. She doesn't act that way going to the dr.
Mary came along with us. She helped out a lot by keeping the kids occupied while I talked to the dentist. We had to have two hygenists holding Ava down so the dr. could look at and brush her teeth. That's what I was afraid of.
He said she doesn't have any cavities, Yay! He did mention the discoloration on her bottom teeth and said it was normal. She gets that from Jay. He also said that her teeth were closely spaced but didn't say they would be too close for adult teeth. Jay had to have teeth removed to fit all his teeth. I'm afraid we may have to get her a lot of dental work in the future. Hopefully we will have better insurance.
Lucas did good as well. He was talking and squeeling on the way up there. He smiled at the ladies. He is such a flirt. I don't think he's going through stranger anxiety like Ava did.
Afterward we went to Michaels to pick up some craft things that Ava and I can do together.

No comments: