Friday, May 16, 2008

It's been a long week.

I can't believe it's friday, it feels like saturday except that Jay went to work today. He's going to work tomorrow and sunday too. No off time for me.
School is going good. This week felt so long but we are already having a test on monday. So this weekend is going to be spent studying. I have homework due on monday as well.
I think the stress is already getting to me. On wednesday night I did my homework that was due on thursday. Apparantly I didn't pack that notebook in my bag! I can't believe I did something so stupid. That's my fear - the stupid mistakes hurting somebody. I somehow remembered what I wrote from the night before and scribbled something down real quick. I am upset that I am already that student who doesn't take this seriously. I want to do better than that.
I was doing dishes last night and cut my thumb pretty bad. It didn't bleed long but I can't believe I did something so stupid. Jay said he was going to finish the dishes but he didn't. I had to do it this evening.
I feel like there are way too many things on my plate right now. I can't keep up with housework when I need to spend my nights (when both kids are sleeping) doing homework and studying. I don't get much time during the day to do it. I did manage to get Ava's room cleaned up, she pulled all of the clothes out of her drawers and threw them all over her room. So frustrating. I know it wont take long for the cleaning I did manage to get done to be undone.

I don't want to jinx anything but I will say it anyway. Ava wore panties today (she asked to wear them!) we were upstairs and I asked her if she had to potty. At first she said no, then she said yes but wanted to go in the little potty (downstairs). She pulled her underwear and pants off. She has never done that before, she's always just peed in her underwear. She got to the potty but she started to go a little bit before she got on the seat. There was a little mess on the floor. I'm so proud that she initiated going potty while wearing panties. She went to bed without going potty first tonight. She has been getting up and peeing through her diaper. This morning she cried for me to get her and I picked her up. It felt like her diaper was dry. Then she stood in front of the computer and peed on the floor through her diaper. Not long before that I asked her if she had to go potty. Nope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy girl! I hope school is going well for you. You should be so proud of yourself! I don't think I could do all that you are doing! Good luck on the potty training! Love, Cori

The Claar Family said...

I say clean houses are for old people! How can anyone POSSIBLY keep a house Martha Perfect and raise a family and find time for themself and their marriage?? It ain't for me! My house gets severely neglected...but the people I love don't, so I am trying to let go of the guilt that we mommies put on ourselves! I hope next week goes smoothly for you! Here's to plates that are only full of what we feel like keepin' on 'em!