Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Biology, cookies and a trip down the stairs.

Ah, one more test down today and one more to go. The test today I think was the longest test I have taken in that class. I had the chair that doesn't adjust. It was way too tall for the table I was at. My neck hurt after that hour and ten minutes. It gave me a headache. I think I did alright. But the last test I thought I did good and only got 75% on. :( One more day, I'm so excited to be done. I'm selling my book tomorrow! Hopefully they'll give me $80 back. That was one freaking expensive book.
I got home and Jay went off to work. I gave bubby a nap and Ava and I hung out a little. We laid on the floor and looked up at the tree. She was counting up to 7. She had been skipping over 4,5,6, and 7. She got to 7 and skipped 8 then counted 9. She is all over with her counting. Sometimes she does it right and sometimes she messes it all up.
We went to a playdate today too. We were going to decorate cookies. She was being pretty shy at first. The other moms commented on how quiet she was. lol Yeah, she's only like that out in public, not at home. She spooned icing over her cookies so that it just drizzled a little bit. Then she just dumped this little cup of sugar crystals right on top of her cookie. I should have taken a picture. She was the first to get bored with the cookies. She had to go play with the kids toys. The puzzles. I think we know one more thing to ask santa for. She had a blast playing with the other kids. They were all just about her age. Two two year olds (twins) and a three year old. They made a mess of the house and got to put stickers up on the walls of this little space beneath the stairs. She didn't want to leave. It got late, only an hour before Bubby's bedtime and time to think about dinner. Plus they were starting to get some company. I left Lucas inside so I could focus on getting Ava in the car first. She takes advantage of me being occupied with Lucas and takes off running any chance she gets. She's done it several times in the dr's office parking lot. Well she started down the first step. It happened so fast I don't even know how it happened. I think she was going to grab the rail and fell down the steps. Big cement steps. There were only about 5 steps. She flipped head over heels. It scared me so bad! That part happened so slow. She cried and screamed and fought so hard not to go home.
I decided to get McDonalds so I would have to spend time trying to figure out what to make then getting it all ready. We came home and sat down to eat. I fed Bubby and set him down on the floor while I used the bathroom. Ava followed me in there with her chocolate milk. I came back out to the dining room and was picking things up. I hear Ava say 'Uh Oh'. Well I did hear the bottle falling. At first I thought it fell in the tub, which would be good. Oh no, it fell on the floor. Sprayed up the wall and on the toilet. Our bathroom tile is not grouted. The chocolate milk fell into the cracks between the tiles. Ava is taking her straw and trying to suck up the chocolate milk off of the floor. Not just off the floor out of the cracks between the tiles! Puke. I get a towel and try to dry off the walls and the floor and the toilet. Bubby is in the living room crying. This is when Jay comes home. Perfect timing. Crazy!!!
Our new license plates came in today. The state is phasing out the plates we have. I saw the numbers on them were all (3 of 4 license plates) in succession. One of them ends in 666! I had to open it up and see which car it's for. Jay's car! Thanks goodness it's not mine! lol It seems he always comes up with that number somehow.
Another bad thing I did to my kids. :( Yesterday I was cleaning out the closet in Lucas's room. I had him sitting on the floor near me and Ava was looking at books. The old mobile was on the shelf. I pulled on some fabric and the music box part of it flew off and hit Bubby on the head. I felt sooo bad!!! He had a little lump on his head for a little bit. I keep doing that kind of stuff. It's like I'm a first time mom.
Well, that was our crazy day. Tomorrow should be better, right? We don't have any plans after my very last biology class is over.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm sorry Jennifer...but that part about the chocolate milk made me laugh. A straw? The tile? ICK!

Junie's Blog said...

I'm glad to hear it's almost over!!

Yeah Todd always seems to walk in when things are at their most craziest too! Ahhhhh!

Ummmmm can Jay maybe see about getting ANOTHER license plate number? I would NOT want that on my car!