Friday, December 28, 2007

The busy Christmas holiday!

Saturday we had a holiday party at my parents. All Ava ever wants to do is climb up and down the stairs. I don't know what her obsession with stairs is all about! Lucas did really good. I didn't see him for a lot of the time. He was being passed around. He was being so huggy with everybody. We got some food to take home.
This is Izabella. Her cheeks are really filling out.
Photobucket
The mandatory Lucas and Izabella comparison picture. It's not that great though.
Photobucket
Ava trying to play with her.
Photobucket
Izabella was getting fussy with Lucas sitting next to her. So I moved him to where he was facing her and she got this bright look on her face.
Photobucket
Christmas eve we went to Jay's grandma's house. She had fallen on saturday and was feeling quite bruised up. I don't think we got any pictures but Ava and I got this glowing snowman thing and Lucas got a stuffed duck with long legs. We were there for quite a while then drove around to look at Christmas lights. Jay decided to drive around in the country and Ava fell asleep. But she did get to see Christmas lights. I think Lucas slept the whole time.
We all got new jammies to wear for Christmas. A little bit of a pose from Ava. She has her eyes closed though.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The tree after santa visited. That's our kitty Willa laying there. Yes, we got our cats a bed for Christmas. They even had a stocking.
Photobucket
I could not get Lucas to sleep at all. I ended up keeping him in bed with me. At 330am Ava woke up for some reason. She was crying but I don't know why. She isn't good at telling us these things. She saw all the presents and kept trying to play with them. I managed to get her back to bed around 4am. Then Lucas was up at 630 for good. It wasn't a good night for me. I got up and made our breakfast. I left Lucas in bed with Jay so that he could wake daddy up. They came down at about 730 or so. Ava was still in bed. Hmm, SHE got to sleep in. I think it was after 8 that she got up.
Waiting for Ava to get up.
Photobucket
I decided to let Lucas open a present from Aunt Becky while we were waiting for Ava to wake up.
Photobucket
Ava finally got up and had to 'help' Bubby with his gifts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Love the hair!
Photobucket
He was more interested in eating the paper. lol
Photobucket
Photobucket
More 'helping'
Photobucket
She got a sit and spin! (Jay in the background trying to be funny!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So cute!
Photobucket
We went to my parents after we were done with our stuff. I didn't get any pictures then. It was nice. I got to spend some time with my niece which I can't do much of anymore. Ava got an easel and a doll. Lucas got some trucks and a car steering wheel thing-of course it's loud. We also left with a bag full of candy! In addition to the candy we had at home.
Then it was time to go to Jay's parents. I laid Lucas down for a nap right away. He slept for over two hours! He didn't miss the gift opening though. We had to wait for my sil to get back. They left their gifts at home and had to drive all the way back to get them. It's an hour each way! lol We started to open gifts when they got back and Ava wasn't going to do it. After all that time of looking and touching the gifts saying 'That's Ava's'. She wanted Bubby to open gifts too! I think it was combined with her being tired and not wanting to be the center of attention.
Waiting for present time.
Photobucket
Her new Dora table and chairs. After she opened this gift she had to open the rest on the table and wanted Bubby to sit with her. Awww
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was busy making sure Lucas was going to stay on his seat to take any more pictures.
It was after 8pm when we got home! We were exhausted!! The laundry is done and the toys are put away. Things are starting to go back to normal again! The kids have adjusted back pretty well to schedules. Lucas still isn't sleeping through the night.

1 comment:

Junie's Blog said...

Cute coordinating pjs!!! What a sweet big sis Ava is! Sounds like a super busy day! I'm glad to see Izabella's cheeks filling out too!