Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ava

She can be so sweet. She is so good with her brother. Except she thinks it's funny to scream in his face when he's trying to fall asleep. It's annoying. He loves her right back and laughs at her when she does this stuff. She has to give him a kiss before he goes to bed at night.
Last night we went to a playdate and she stuck close to me. She did actually eat. Most of the time she won't eat if we are out. All the other kids were carving pumpkins but Ava was playing with toys. Probably because the other kids were busy. There was a little boy that she was playing with. He's a little younger than her but he didn't want to carve a pumpkin either. I got a comment on how quiet she was. Then we went out to the car. She didn't want to go home and was screaming. lol
She isn't potty training. She refuses to sit on the potty chair. I'm not going to push her. I'm under way too much stress to worry about that right now. We can't even bribe her to sit on the potty fully clothed. I feel pressure from outside to push her though. It seems that all my nieces were trained well before her. Maybe I missed a window of opportunity. She doesn't even mind that her diaper is wet. I think she could wear the same diaper all day and not care one bit.
I can't believe how creative she is. She names objects that aren't dolls or anything as mommy, daddy (for instance pumpkin), baby or Ava (ah-va). She is getting better at coloring. We get her the Color Wonder markers so she can't write on anything else. She likes to draw on the cardboard portion. I took pictures because the marking eventually fade.
This is her drawing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a couple of her faces. She actually drew hair on them. lol The one on the left; the circle around the face is the hair. The one on the right; was a face to begin with then she drew another face inside of it. The circles or dots she said were balloons.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A close up of a face with the hair.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is what she drew when I asked her for a flower.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She is getting better with her speech. Most of it I still have to stop and think about what that means. Beebeet is her blankies.
She likes to sleep with all three of her blankets. When we go somewhere I usually only take one with us. She'll ask in the driveway, 'more beebeets?'. She asked me to wash them yesterday but then acted lost without them. I let her watch them while the washer was filling with water. Then I showed her the bubbles from the agitation. They didn't get dried she took them right from the washer. They were only mildly damp.
Yesterday my aunt called to see what the kids wanted/needed for Christmas. I gave her a few suggestions for Ava then asked Ava if there was anything else she liked. She said 'daddy'. lol Okay, that's easy, we'll just put a bow on daddy.
She loves dolls (dollys as she calls them) and balls and cars and trains. She isn't prejudiced.
She won't let me play with her hair. I can't do anything with it. I would like to go without cutting her bangs again but she won't wear anything on her head. She really needs them cut. She looks so sloppy, like I don't take care of her.

1 comment:

Junie's Blog said...

What a sweet post about Ava! Her drawings are amazing!