Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mackinaw City

Friday we left to go to Mackinaw. This is Lucas's first trip. It took us an hour to get 15 miles. We had to make a few stops while in town. Then we get to Schoolcraft and there is a very slow moving train. ugh So we stopped for lunch. lol The rest of the trip went okay. There was a point that Lucas was not happy and was screaming. I think it was because his hat fell over his eyes and he couldn't see. Poor baby. Ava did good though. We got there and got unloaded and had pizza in my IL's room. It was pretty good but late by the time we got out of there.
Ava does not sleep well outside of her own bed (crib). This weekend was no exception. It took over two hours for me to get her settled down enough to go to sleep. I has to be me becasue Jay gets all pissy and mean. Then Lucas wakes up at 2am. Ava has to get up too. He gets up at about 4am too. Between 2 and 4 Ava is not really sleeping, she's laying down then picking her head up to get in my face and say something to me. She did finally get to sleep and slept till 9am.
This is her in the morning.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We decided to go to the island. After getting up and eating and getting dressed the first ferry we could take was at 1pm. Ava loved the boat! She talked about it the whole rest of the weekend. lol
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We really didn't do much. We shopped around a little bit. Then we stopped at a park so that I could nurse Lucas. I had wanted to stop at this one area that was kind of inside but I kept getting the eye from some old lady. It was cold but we still managed.
Jay and Ava walking through the park.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The bridge.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ava walking on the boardwalk.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another picture of the bridge.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lucas sleeping in the stroller. Big difference from last weekend, we had to wear coats.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We came back to the hotel and let Ava swim a little bit. Lucas couldn't go have his first swim, he still has the ear infection. He enjoyed being there though.
Ava and Jay.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lucas being a ham! He loves the camera.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ava jumping on the bed. This was before dinner after her swim so she was nekkid. lol
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We went to dinner that night and it was good but I had ice cold water dumped on me. They took my coat to let it dry out but my jeans were still wet. I was holding Lucas at the time. I don't think he got wet much at all. Thank goodness.
Ava slept a little better saturday night. She woke up at about 11pm screaming. She didn't open her eyes though and she calmed down after 15-20 minutes. She would not let us comfort her or anything. I think she had a night terror. She woke up a little bit when Lucas woke up but it didn't take long till she was sleeping again. We went to breakfast and then did some shopping. It took a little longer than usual for some reason. We didn't get home till about 7pm. We had to stop a few times for Lucas. He was getting tired of being in that seat. Ava was so happy to be in her own bed (crib). I had hoped that maybe she would come home and want to sleep in her bed but no such luck.
That was our very exciting trip. Maybe we'll get to do more next year.

1 comment:

Junie's Blog said...

Why did you have ice cold water dumped on you??? I've been to MAckinaw . . .well thru it actually! lol Poor Ava and the night terrors! Is that common? I hope not . . . all in all it sounded like a good weekend minus the sleep part. :)