Saturday, October 06, 2007

Some random things

I wanted to post last night but got distracted. I wanted to do my invasive species project last night too. But I got to lazy to get my backpack to find the ones I'm supposed to do.
Anyway, yesterday Lucas was on his belly on the floor and pulling his knees up under himself. I tried to get a picture but by the time my camera was catching a picture he pushed his knees back. He was getting mad so I couldn't keep trying to time it just right. Maybe I should have recorded it. lol
Jay's still working the day shift and will be for another 8 weeks I think. Hopefully this is going to end up being a permanant thing. I could get used to him being home in the evenings. I just am losing time all by myself. :) Last night we went to a local restaurant to have some pizza. Ava did really good. She got up off of her chair but stayed close by. She really liked the train theme. Someday I think we'll have to get her to some kind of train museum. Lucas was pretty fussy, I had to transfer him to Jay halfway through dinner. I don't think we disturbed other diners.
We left there and Ava wasn't ready to go home yet so we drove around in the country for a bit. Lucas slept. Ava just watched what was going on. Then we stopped at McDonalds and got ourselves some shakes and came home and sat outside. It's really nice to have the family time like that in the evenings.
Today I am taking the kids to Nottawa Fruit Farm. Ava gets to pick out a pumpkin and do some other fun stuff. I hope she enjoys it. I'm a little nervous about handling both kids and the pumpkin by myself. Jay works today and gets off at 3pm. We're going at 12pm. It's with my mom's group. Ava should enjoy that part of it. She loves kids but is still kind of shy to just go off with them herself. We're still with just the one car so it's hard for me to get out with them. She needs more interaction with kids.
I may be back later with pictures from our adventure today. I've got to spend some time with my daughter for now.

1 comment:

Junie's Blog said...

Hope you had a great day! And yay for family time!